The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
Serves: 12 Muffins
- 2¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp + ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Optional – 1 tbsp coarse sugar – the clear kind that’s used for decorating confections,etc
- Pre-heat the oven to 425°F.
- Using cooking spray coat the muffin pan. Make sure that the whole top is covered, not just the part that the batter goes into.
- Place paper muffin/cupcake liners into the muffin pan.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl and mix with a whisk so that everything is well combined. Stir in 1¾ cups of the chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl combine all the wet ingredients, making sure the eggs are well incorporated as well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined.IMPORTANT: If you stir too much the muffins will become too dense and more like a puck. You want the muffins to be fluffy and moist just stir everything until the dry ingredients just combine with everything.
- Scoop out the batter evenly into each section of the muffin pan.
- Sprinkle the tops of the batter with the remaining chocolate chips and the coarse sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 7 minutes at 425°F then reduce the heat to 375°F and bake for 15-20 min.
- Once the muffins are finished baking cool in the muffin pan for 5-10 minutes.
Recipe credit to dishes and dust bunnies