Is there anything better than French Toast for breakfast?
- ½ cup melted butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 loaf Texas toast (with crust trimmed off, optional)
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling
- brown sugar
- 1 TB sugar + 1 teaspoon sugar
- Begin by melting butter. Add brown sugar and mix well.
- Pour butter and brown sugar mixture into the bottom of a 9×13.
- Add a layer of Texas toast.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Pour half of egg mixture over the Texas toast and sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon on top.
- Add another layer of Texas Toast. Spread a thin layer of butter over bread.
- Top with the remaining egg mixture and top with your cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours before baking.
- When ready to bake, bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.