Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup water
- 1 ½ Tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- For the Coating:
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon butter for brushing
- Combine water, sugar, salt, & oil in a saucepan on stove top. Bring to boil & remove from heat. Add flour & stir until all the flour is incorporated.
- Set aside & wait about 10-12 minutes for it to cool down.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with non stick baking mat or parchment paper.
- Prepare cinnamon & sugar mix for coating (I used a bread pan to roll the churros in).
- Fill your pastry bag or ziploc bag fitted with a star tip with the warm dough.
- Using prepared baking sheet pipe dough into desired size strips (I made mine 7½” long). Use a knife or scissors to cut end of strips off.
- Once your done piping your churros bake in oven for 10-12 min if your using a smaller size tip or until the ends are just faintly turning a pale golden color. Place oven on broil setting about 1 min or less to brown & crisp up the edges (Watch Careful, browning happens very fast on broil!). If your using a really large size tip bake for 20 min or until it’s just starting to brown on the end, then broil for about 1 min. watching careful just until the edges get a little browned.
- Remove from oven & let cool for a few minutes. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter & brush onto churros, roll churros in cinnamon & sugar mix. Serve warm.